

I need help!! As you can see from these photos, there is a bit of remodeling going on here at Chez Mason. Thanks in large part to a hole in the drain under our kitchen sink, we are now up to our eyeballs in dust and debris and general hullaballoo. We currently have no countertops or sink in the prep area, and the microwave is sitting in the floor. Our floors have been sanded down and refinished, so all of our furniture from the kitchen/den area is piled in the living room/dining room/foyer. The new granite countertops won't be here for at least another week, so we are washing the few dishes that we use (that aren't paper and plastic!) in the bathroom sink. For those of you who have ever done this, it is a chore because the bathroom sink just isn't big enough and you end up with water, water everywhere!
Here is where your help is needed...what to do with this fireplace?? I don't love the brick, which is why I painted it years ago. But now it is dingy and I just am not feeling the fireplace love! Got any suggestions on how I can spruce it up without spending a fortune? I'm thinking get rid of the tacky brass fireplace cover and get a lovely black iron something. Would love to also get rid of the raised hearth, but not sure how that works. Let me know what YOU would do with this space...in the meantime, I will be attempting to get the dust out of all the little cracks and crevices and pondering alternatives to the fireplace faux pas...
Have a fabulous Saturday -
Lana







3 comments:
Ooooh there was a fireplace I saw on a blog last week where they had put bead board type treatment over the fireplace brick and it looked fantastic......I cannot remember where it was, but I think maybe Kimba referenced it in her DIY page maybe last week...I'll try to see if I can find it for you.
Suzanne
Looking good!
Lana, I FOUND IT!!!
Check it out here...
http://olderandwisor.blogspot.com/2009/08/i-like-em-big-i-like-em-chunky.html
Suzanne
Yay Suzanne - thanks! Great idea and I am thinking it is just what we need to do. You are like the calvary, riding in to save the day - thanks again!
Post a Comment